Amend tax deduction card/advance tax

Form For the income year 2018

  • Print

When you have amended your tax deduction card, your employer automatically has access to your new tax deduction card electronically from the Tax Administration. You do not need to submit anything to your employer.

Information about your tax deduction card

After you have changed your tax deduction card, you will receive information about your tax deduction card (tax notice), usually within five working days. If you are a registered electronic user, you will receive the information in your message box in Altinn. If you are not an electronic user, we will send the information to your address as registered with the National Registry.

In the tax notice, debt rates will be lacking in the overview. Debt rates are nevertheless included so that the estimated tax is correct.

Before you change your tax deduction card, you should have the following documentation to hand:

Advance tax – personal taxpayers

If you run your own independent business (sole traders), are a member of a shared liability partnership (ansvarlig selskap),or have other income or capital that is not subject to withholding tax, you must make advance tax payments.

Application for tax deduction card for foreign citizens

If you are a foreign citizen and do not have a Norwegian national ID number, you usually will need to visit a tax office which performs identity checks in order to apply for a tax deduction card. There are certain exemptions from the requirement to appear in person at an ID office. 

Do you need assistance?

We can help you with questions regarding tax deduction card or exemption card, but we are only guiding in Norwegian on our chat.

Start chat   - or - 

Please find other ways to contact us.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.