Application for tax deduction card for foreign citizens


  • Print

If you are a foreign citizen and do not have a Norwegian national ID number, you must visit a tax office which performs identity checks in order to apply for a tax deduction card.

Download printable version (RF-1209)

There are certain exemptions from the requirement to appear in person at an ID office.

What you need to bring

The type of document you need to bring depends on where you are from. Regardless of where you are from, you must document that you need a tax deduction card. For example, you can bring employment contract or written job offer. Upon connection with an employment agency, you can bring an order confirmation:

The tax deduction cards do not contain information about your residence permit, and are not proof of your right to work or stay in Norway. Employers have an independent responsibility for ensuring that all employees have the right to work in Norway. The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) will be able to answer any questions you have.

Your employer can apply for a tax deduction card on your behalf.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.