Report a move to Norway from abroad


  • Print

If you plan to live in Norway for more than six months, you must report your relocation to Norway no later than eight days after your arrival.

You do not need to report a move if you will be staying in Norway for less than six months. However, you must apply for a tax card if you intend to work in Norway. If you are commuting to a country within the EEA area, you may be exempt from the requirement to register your residential address in Norway, provided certain conditions are met.

Reporting a change of address

Everyone who is required to report their relocation to Norway must report to one of the 42 selected tax offices for an ID check. This also applies to Norwegian citizens who are returning to Norway. All family members must attend if you move to Norway with your family.

You will require the following documentation

The type of documentation you will need will depend on where you come from:

Bring your change of address notification

You can download and complete the form in advance.


You will receive a letter in the post when we have registered your move to Norway. The letter will be sent to your new address as registered with the National Registry. Remember to put your name on your new post-box.

Do you need assistance?

We can help you with questions regarding the National Registry, but we are only guiding in Norwegian on our chat.

Start chat   - or - 

Please find other ways to contact us.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.