Taxnorway - International pages

Change of address

Printer-friendly version

Remember to notify on change of your address

Change of address for employees 

Everyone who is resident in Norway is assigned a unique national identity number. The national identity number consists of 11 digits, the first six of which consist of the person’s date of birth.

Foreign nationals who come to Norway to work for less than six months are not given a national identity number. Instead, they are given a so-called D-number. These numbers are similar in structure to national identity numbers, but the first digit is increased by four.

Read more about national identity number and D-number.

Reporting a move to Norway

You must tell us you have moved if you intend to live in Norway for at least six consecutive months. Read more here

Change of address for businesses/self-employed persons

Businesses/self-employed persons must report change of address on form BR-1080 "Coordinated register notification"