Reporting a postal address in Norway or abroad

It is important to notify the Norwegian Tax Administration of the address at which you receive post. You must also notify Norway Post if you have a new postal address in Norway.

In order to change a postal address, you must complete the postal address form and send it to your tax office together with a copy of valid identification. The only exception to this is if you have the Central Office - Foreign Tax Affairs (COFTA) as your tax office you must then submit a separate form.Which tax office you belong to is stated on your tax deduction card.

Are you registered as resident in Norway?

If so, you must do the following:

  • If you intend to move within Norway, you must submit an electronic change of address notification.
  • You must complete the form below if you are only changing your postal address and not your residential address.
  • If you intend to leave Norway for a period of more than six months, you must notify us that you are leaving Norway prior to departure.

Download, complete and post to us

New/amended or deleted postal address – RF1454E (PDF)

Remember to enclose a copy of valid identification. Valid identification is an ID card showing your date of birth, name, signature and a photograph. You cannot however send us a copy of your bank card, because it contains sensitive information.
Remember to also report any change of address to Norway Post.

Transcript from