You will be notified by text message or e-mail when your tax return or tax settlement is ready, and other important information is sent from the Tax Administration. If you are owed money according to your tax settlement, you will receive information about this electronically.
As an online user you can also:
Follow these steps to become an online user:
1.You need a Norwegian ID number.
2. You need to get an electronic ID. You can choose between MinID or BankID. To get MinID you need to order PIN-codes (see information below). Contact your bank to get BankID.
3. a) If you use MinID: Once you have received the PIN-codes, you must create a MinID user account. You do this by registering with your PIN-codes here
3. b) If you have a BankID: You can log on here with BankID
4. You are now an online user, and we will let you know both via your mobile phone and/or e-mail when you receive any information from us.
This is how to get the PIN-codes
You can order the PIN-codes here. Before ordering PIN-codes, make sure that:
- Your correct address is registered at the Population Registry (Norwegian Tax Administration) if you have a permanent Norwegian personal number.
- Your correct postal address is registered at the Population Registry if you have a D-number.
- Your letter box is marked with your full name.
The PIN-code letter will be sent to the address registered as your place of residence in the Population Registry. It will take a couple of days before you receive the letter with PIN-codes after you have placed your order.
For persons who have a D-number and are not registered with a Norwegian postal address, the letter with PIN-codes will be sent to your registered address outside Norway.