Alle temasider og kalkulatorer for hjelp med skattemeldingen (selvangivelsen) viser nå regelverk og satser for 2016. Innholdet vil være oppdatert med 2017-satser og regelverk før skattemeldingen for 2017 åpner i april.

What form of submission should I choose for my business?

  • Print

All self-employed persons are obliged to submit reports to the Norwegian Tax Administration annually. The way in which you must submit the tax return for self-employed persons will depend on the type of business you are reporting for and the type of business you run.  You must submit the information electronically.

Alternative A: Tax return with income statements and additional forms 

This is the form of submission that most businesses have used in recent years. It is still possible for all self-employed persons to submit in the same way.

Even if your business had no activity in 2016, you still need to submit the tax return for self-employed persons with an empty  Income statement 1 for corporations


Limited liability companies and Norwegian-registered foreign enterprises (NUF) must submit: "Næringsoppgave 2"  (in Norwegian only).

Sole proprietorships must submit: Income statement 1 for corporations or  "Næringsoppgave 2" (in Norwegian only).

Visual artists who are sole proprietorships must submit: "Næringsoppgave for billedkunstnere" (in Norwegian only).

Insurance companies must submit: "Næringsoppgave 3 for forsikringsselskap" (in Norwegian only).

Banks and financial enterprises must submit: "Næringsoppgave 4 for bank og finansieringsforetak" (in Norwegian only).

You must also submit any additional forms which apply to your business. You will find these in Altinn.

View and submit the tax return for self-employed persons with income statements

Alternative B: Tax return and Business Tax Return

The Business Tax Return is a form of submission for sole proprietorships and limited liability companies with simpler tax circumstances. We recommend that you use this form if the service is suitable for your business.

Alternative C: Simplified submission for enterprises with operating revenues of NOK 50,000 or less

As in previous years, most sole proprietorships with a low turnover can report this information directly in the tax return for businesses. Even if your business had no activity in 2015, you still need to submit a blank  Income statement 1.

Check whether you meet the conditions for simplified submission.


It is no longer possible to submit the tax return for self-employed persons on paper.

The Norwegian Parliament has decided that all self-employed persons must submit the tax return and attachments electronically. You will no longer receive the tax return on paper. This also applies to people who have previously opted out of electronic communication.

The exception may be the tax return for self-employed persons who died before the deadline for delivery.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.