From registering a birth to choosing a name - step by step

  • Print

The person/persons with parental responsibility must report the child's name

When the child has been assigned a national ID number, the Tax Administration will send the person/persons with parental responsibility a request to choose a name for the child. The child's national ID number will be stated on this request.

If parental responsibility for the child is shared and the mother has submitted a choice of name form, the father/joint mother must approve the name. The father/joint mother will then receive a separate request from the Tax Administration.

Read more about names.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.