- Name (including history)
- Norwegian national ID and D number
- Basis for registered identity
- Address (not confidential or classified addresses under the Document Protection Instructions), including history
- Place of birth
- Marital status (all groups)
- Confirmed future power of attorney
- Date of death
- Registration status (resident, emigrated, deceased, ceased and inactive D number)
In addition to so-called ‘unambiguous searches’, look-ups in the National Registry can also be based on national ID number/D number and name lists (known as ‘multisearches’).
To the National Registry Act and Regulation
How do I apply for disclosure of information?
You can download, fill in and submit the application form to apply for access to information from the National Registry under the new National Registry Act.
Applications for individual items of information
Apply via our contact form where you believe the person you want information on resides. You can obtain up to three or four items of information per week free of charge.
If you have a long list of information which you wish to obtain, you must pay a fee for it.
If your enquiry concerns more than four people, you should send it to: