We wish to divorce

  • Print

If you have been separated for one year, one or both of you can apply to the county governor for a divorce.

You should apply for divorce to the county governor in the county in which you last lived together.

Changing your name?

After your divorce, you will retain the surname you had while you were married. If you wish to change your name, the change of name form must be sent to the Tax Administration. 

Arrangements between you

Arrangements which have been agreed or established in connection with your separation will also apply after the divorce, unless otherwise agreed or established. This will for example apply to agreements concerning:

See the government's brochure on separation and divorce

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.