Citizens from outside the EU/EEA/EFTA must bring the following with them when they report a move

  • Print

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA/EFTA and are required to report your relocation to Norway, you must report to one of the 42 selected tax offices for an ID check.

Please bring the following documentation with you:

  • Passport or other approved identification document containing a photograph of you and indicating your gender and citizenship.
  • Schengen standardised residence card documenting your right of residence in Norway for six months or more.
  • Valid property purchase contract or property rental contract valid for at least 6 months.If your rental contract is older than 3 months, you must have a confirmation from the homeowner showing that the contract is still valid.
  • If you will be working in Norway, you need to bring your employment contract, which is valid for 6 months or more. If the date on your contract is more than 3 months ago, you need to bring confirmation from your employer that the contract is still valid. 
  • If you are working on assignment with a temporary staffing agency, you need to bring confirmation of an assignment lasting at least 6 months.
  • If you run your own business, you need to bring documents which confirm this.
  • Confirmation of study place offer, if you are going to study.
  • Any other documentation which shows you will be resident in Norway for 6 months or more.

Children under the age of 18 who move alone

If a child under the age of 18 years moving alone to Norway to live with mother, father or another family member, must be submitted documentation showing that the child intends to stay in Norway for 6 months or more.
This may include confirmation from kindergarten, school or health clinic.

Change of address form

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.