In the tax return, the tax value of the property has been split with half allocated to me and half to my spouse. Can this be changed?

The tax value will be pre-completed in the tax return according to share of ownership.  Spouses, registered partners and spouse-equivalent partners are free to choose a different distribution. 

If you want the property to be listed under your name only, you must enter the full tax value in your tax return and delete half of the tax value in your spouse's tax return. 

If you submit your tax return electronically, you must remember to tick the cause box for the distribution of tax values between spouses.