What should I do if the tax value is too high?

You can request a reduction in the tax value either directly in your tax return or by appealing against your tax assessment. You must be able to document the market value through a valuation from an estate agent or other acceptable source or through an observable sales value. The basis for the reduction should be dated after 1st July in the income year the housing value is calculated.