You do not need to appy for a new tax exemption card/tax deduction card for 2018
The tax office will issue a new tax exemption card/tax deduction card for 2018 on the basis of the information the tax office has about your tax liability.
You will receive information about your tax deduction card (Tax Deduction Notice). In this notice you will find information about the estimated tax deduction rate/tax exemption.
If you believe that the tax deduction card is incorrect, you must apply for a new tax deduction card.
If you have a tax deduction card with lower tax rate than 15 per cent or a tax exemption card you must apply for a new tax deduction card when:
- you move to another country
- you are no longer liable to tax as a resident in the country that issued your latest Certificate of Residence
- you start you start to receive a new pension/disability benefit from Norway
- This also applies when you receive a new kind of pension/disability benefit from the same payer.
- you have previously had your tax calculated pursuant to the same provisions that apply to persons resident in Norway, and your income has changed so that you are no longer liable to pay tax in Norway on at least 90 per cent of your income.
Do you live in Thailand
You must apply for a new tax deduction card when:
- you will not stay in Thailand for at least 180 dager in 2018
- you will state a different amount as liable to tax in Thailand for 2018 than you stated for 2017.
Information on your new address
You must inform the tax office in writing when you have a new postal address.
All inquiries must be sent to:
NO – 9293 Tromsø
When you contact the Tax Administration, remember to quote "our reference" which appears at the top of the letter you have received