Alle temasider og kalkulatorer for hjelp med skattemeldingen (selvangivelsen) viser nå regelverk og satser for 2016. Innholdet vil være oppdatert med 2017-satser og regelverk før skattemeldingen for 2017 åpner i april.

  • Print
  • Owned home

If you own the home which is used as a commuter home, you can claim a deduction for fixed expenses such as municipal fees, electricity, common costs if it is in a building society (interest expenses since these are reported directly), insurance and maintenance. Deduction for accommodation expenses is given according to actual costs.

If parts of the commuter home is rented out or the home is only used as a commuter home for parts of the year, you can only receive a deduction for the period where you lived in the home.

You can also receive a deduction for parking expenses related to the commuter home.

Expenses for phone and internet subscription in the commuter home are included in the government rates for food and minor expenses.

How to register this in the tax return?

You add the amount for accommodation to the all the amounts you can claim deductions for in relation to food and accommodation expenses, and register the total amount in post 3.2.7. It is wise to add up all the expenses before you register the deductions.


  Expenses for rent 6 000 NOK x 12 months = 72 000 NOK
+ Expenses for electricity 7 500 NOK
+ Expenses for insurance 4 000 NOK
+ Expenses for maintenance 4 000 NOK
+ Expenses for rent of parking space 12 000 NOK
= Total expenses for accommodation 99 500 NOK
  Food expenses 44 160 NOK See possible deductions for food expenses
+ accommodation 99 500 NOK  
= Total 143 660 NOK  

The total amount, in this case 143 660 NOK, can then be registered in post 3.2.7 in the tax return.

Log in and fill in your tax return

How to change to english version of Altinn

Required documentation

You do not need to send us documentation for this, but you must be able to present documentation if we ask for it. You must be able to document:

  1. Rent can, for example, be documented with a bank transcript/pay slip for paid rent when the total annual expenses are more than 10 000 NOK
  2. Receipts for paid expenses such as electricity.
  3. That you are married and/or have children under 22 years old. This is documented by a marriage certificate and/or birth certificate
  4. That you live with the family in your home country. This is documented by a confirmation of the family’s home address by a public authority
  5. If your spouse has an income of less than half G, you might be entitled to be assessed in tax class 2. This is documented by a confirmation from a public authority in your home country of your spouse’s income for the relevant income year.

Documentation from a public authority shall apply to the relevant income year, not be older than six months, and be translated into Norwegian or English by a publicly approved translator.

Other deductions you may be entitled to

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.