• Print
  • Rented home/barracks or similar

If you rent a commuter home, you can claim a deduction for expenses, for example for rent and electricity. Deduction for accommodation expenses is given according to actual costs. If the living expenses exceeds 10 000 NOK annually, you must cover through a bank or by wage deduction in order to be entitled to a tax deduction.
You can also receive deduction for expenses for parking in relation to the commuter home.

Expenses for phone and internet subscription in the commuter home are included in the government rates for food and minor expenses.

How to register this in the tax return?

You add the amount for accommodation to the all the amounts you can claim deductions for in relation to food and accommodation expenses, and register the total amount in post 3.2.7.



  Expenses for rent 6 000 NOK x 12 months = 72 000 NOK
+ Expenses for electricity 7 500 NOK
+ Expenses for rent of garage 12 000 NOK
= Total expenses for accommodation 91 500 NOK
  Food expenses  41 160 NOK  See possible deductions for food expenses
+ accommodation expenses 91 500 NOK  
= Total 135 660 NOK

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.