• Print
  • No, my employer does not cover more than 200 NOK for food expenses

How to register this in the tax return?

When your employer covers for parts of your food expenses, the maximum deduction is 200 NOK per day.

You must multiply the number of nights you spent away with 200 NOK, subtracted the amount your employer covers. You add the amount to the other food and accommodation expenses you can claim deduction for, and register the total amount in post 3.2.7.

You spend 200 days in a hotel. Your employer covers your expenses with 100 NOK per day.

You can then receive 200 NOK - 100 NOK which is what the employer covers = 100 NOK in food expenses per day

200 days x 100 NOK = 20 000 NOK

  Food expenses 20 000 NOK  
+ Accommodation expenses 79 358 NOK See which deductions you can receive for accommodation
= Total 99 358 NOK  

The total amount, 99 358 NOK, can in this case be registered in post 3.2.7 in the tax return.

If your employer offer a canteen or similar where breakfast, lunch and dinner is served, and the employees' payment is at least equivalent to the market price for such food, you can claim a deduction at the lowest rate of NOK 200 per day.

Log in and fill in your tax return

How to change to english version of Altinn

Documentation required

You do not need to document expenses when you claim deduction according to the lowest rate, 200 NOK per day.

Actual expenses

If your actual expenses are greater than the rate, you can claim deduction for your actual expenses.

Other deductions you might be entitled to


Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.