• Print
  • The employer covers parts of the expenses

If your employer covers parts of your travel expenses, you must subtract this amount. You can only claim deduction for expenses you cover yourself.

You can use the commuter calculator to find out how large travel deduction you are entitled to.


Required documentation

You do not need to send us the documentation, but you must be able to provide documentation if we ask for it. You must be able to document that you are a commuter:

  1. That you live in your home country. This is documented by a confirmation from a public authority of your home address and who lives there.
  2. The home's standard and size, both for homes in Norway and in the home country. This can be documented by, for example, a purchase or rent contract which states the home's standard and size. Size can also be documented by drawings or measurements of the home.

Documentation from a public authority shall apply to the relevant income year, not be older than six months, and be translated into Norwegian or English by a publicly approved translator.

Other deductions you may be entitled to

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.