• Print
  • Hotel

If you have to stay in a hotel, you can claim deduction for the expenses you cover yourself. Deduction for accommodation expenses is given according to actual costs. If the living expenses exceeds 10 000 NOK annually, you must pay through a bank or by wage deduction to be entitled to a tax deduction.

Expenses for phone and internet subscription when you stay at a hotel are included in the government rates for food and minor expenses.

How to register this in the tax return?

You add the amount for accommodation to all the amounts you can claim deductions for in relation to food and accommodation expenses, and register the total amount in post 3.2.7.

Expenses for hotel 6 000 NOK x 6 months = 36 000 NOK for accommodation expenses

  Food expenses 134 000 NOK See possible deductions for food expenses
+ accommodation expenses 36 000 NOK  
= Total 170 000 NOK  

The total amount, 170 000 NOK, can in this case be registered in post 3.2.7 in the tax return.

Log in and fill in your tax return

How to change to english version of Altinn

Required documentation

You do not need to send us documentation for this, but you must be able to present documentation if we ask for it. Expenses for rent can, for example, be documented with a bank transcript/pay slip (when the total annual expenses are more than 10 000 NOK)

Other deductions you may be entitled to


Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.