• Print
  • Yes

How to register this in the tax return?

The rate is 200 NOK per day. You must multiply the number of nights you spent at the home with the rate. You add the amount to the other food and accommodation expenses you can claim deduction for, and register the amount in the food and accomodation field in post 3.2.7.


You spend 200 nights at the home.

200 days x 200 NOK = 40 000 NOK in food expenses

Accomodation 79 358 NOK, See which deductions you can receive for accommodation

These expenses can then be registered in the food and accomodation field in post 3.2.7 in the tax return.


If your employer offer a canteen or similar where breakfast, lunch and dinner is served, and the employees' payment is at least equivalent to the market price for such food, you can claim a deduction at the lowest rate of NOK 200 per day.

Log in and fill in your tax return

How to change to english version of Altinn

Documentation required

You do not need to send us the documentation, but you must be able to provide documentation if we ask for it. You must be able to document:

  1. You do not need to document food expenses when you claim a deduction at the lowest rate of 200 NOK per day.
  2. That you are married and/or have children under 22 years old. This is documented by a marriage certificate and/or birth certificate
  3. That you live with the family in your home country. This is documented by a confirmation of the family’s home address by a public authority
  4. If your spouse has an income of less than half G, you might be entitled to be assessed in tax class 2. This is documented by a confirmation from a public authority in your home country of your spouse’s income for the relevant income year.

Documentation from a public authority shall apply to the relevant income year, not be older than six months, and be translated into Norwegian or English by a publicly approved translator.

Actual expenses

If your actual expenses are greater than the rate, you can claim deduction for your actual expenses.

Other deductions you might be entitled to

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.