• Print

How to register this in the tax return?

The rate is 200 NOK per day. You must multiply the number of nights you spent at the home with the rate. You add the amount to the other food and accommodation expenses you can claim deduction for, and register the amount in the food and accomodation fields in post 3.2.7.

You spend 200 nights at the home.

200 days x 200 NOK = 40 000 NOK in food expenses

  Food expenses 40 000 NOK  
+ Accommodation 0 NOK You are not entitled to deduction for accommodation expenses when you live at home with your parents. This is because you must have additional expenses, which here means double expenses for accommodation, in order to be entitled to a deduction.
= Total 40 000 NOK  

The total amount, in this case 40 000 NOK, can then be registered in the food field in post 3.2.7 in the tax return.

If your employer offer a canteen or similar where breakfast, lunch and dinner is served, and the employees' payment is at least equivalent to the market price for such food, you can claim a deduction at the lowest rate of NOK 200 per day.


Log in and fill in your tax return

How to change to english version of Altinn

Documentation required

You do not need to document food expenses when you claim deduction according to the lowest rate, 200 NOK per day.

Actual expenses

If your actual expenses are greater than the rate, you can claim deduction for your actual expenses.

Other deductions you might be entitled to

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.