Useful to know

For more information, see the following publications:

‘Employee or self-employed?’

The brochure explains issues such as when is a contractor an employee, non-employed employee or a business or self employed person. 

‘Paid childminding’

The brochure explains the tax regulations for paid childcare. 

‘Paid employment in the home’

The brochure explains the tax regulations which apply when private individuals are hired to carry out work in the home or the holiday home of the employer. 

The Norwegian Consumer Council 

There is an office of The Norwegian Consumer Council in every county. These offices can provide you with information and brochures on consumer rights including on contractual relationships with companies. The offices can help consumers to make complaints and claims when they have not managed to reach agreement with those who have supplied products or services.