Au pair in Norway

  • Print

As an au pair, you need to familiarise yourself with the rules concerning tax and residence in Norway. This brochure offers a good introduction.


Tax deduction card

Everyone who is going to work in Norway must have a tax deduction card. You yourself must apply for this by visiting one of the 42 tax offices which performs identity checks and completing form RF-1209.

You will then be sent information about your tax deduction card (tax notice). Your host family/employer obtains your tax deduction card electronically.

The tax deduction card shows how much tax the host family must deduct before they pay your wages.

In order to calculate the correct tax deduction, the tax office needs information about how much you expect to earn in Norway and how long you will be living here.

It is also important for you to give the tax office your postal address and to notify the tax office if you change address. If you travel back to your home country before you have received a tax return for income and wealth tax and/or tax settlement notice, it is important for the tax office and tax collector to have your residential address in your home country.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.