Information for foreign employees: About tax, tax deduction cards and tax returns

  • Print

This brochure contains information intended for those who work in Norway for a Norwegian employer. It contains information that you will need when working in Norway.

If you are coming to Norway to work for a Norwegian employer, you must pay tax in Norway on all your earnings in Norway. After you have arrived in Norway, you must contact the tax office or Service Centre for foreign workers in order to obtain a tax deduction card.


National Insurance contributions

If you are a member of the Norwegian National Insurance scheme, you must pay National Insurance contributions. Your National Insurance contributions is deducted from your pay as part of the tax deducted. 

If you are insured in an EU/EEA country or in another country with which Norway has signed a national insurance agreement, you do not have to pay National Insurance contributions in Norway. You must document this by presenting form A1 or other documentation issued by the national insurance authorities in your home country. Your tax withholding can then be reduced. 

More information about the Norwegian National Insurance scheme is available at 

Download - pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.