Information for foreign employees: About tax, tax deduction cards and tax returns

  • Print

This brochure contains information intended for those who work in Norway for a Norwegian employer. It contains information that you will need when working in Norway.

If you are coming to Norway to work for a Norwegian employer, you must pay tax in Norway on all your earnings in Norway. After you have arrived in Norway, you must contact the tax office or Service Centre for foreign workers in order to obtain a tax deduction card.


What obligations do I have when paying tax in Norway?

  • You are obliged to provide the tax authorities with information about your income, capital and deductions. 
  • The information must be provided in the tax return, which is a form everyone who is liable to tax in Norway must submit once a year. 
  • If you have not received a tax return form, you must contact the tax office. 
  • You are responsible for the information in the tax return being correct. This also applies to pre-entered information. If you give incorrect or incomplete information additional tax may be imposed.
  • If you are ‘tax resident’ in Norway pursuant to Norwegian domestic rules, but ‘tax resident’ in another country pursuant to a tax treaty, you are nonetheless obliged to submit a fully completed tax return to the Norwegian tax authorities.

Download - pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.