Information for foreign employees: About tax, tax deduction cards and tax returns

  • Print

This brochure contains information intended for those who work in Norway for a Norwegian employer. It contains information that you will need when working in Norway.

If you are coming to Norway to work for a Norwegian employer, you must pay tax in Norway on all your earnings in Norway. After you have arrived in Norway, you must contact the tax office or Service Centre for foreign workers in order to obtain a tax deduction card.


Change to the basis for income tax

If you believe that the basis used to calculate income tax is wrong, you can correct the information concerning incomes and/or deductions in the tax return yourself. If you submit the tax return electronically, you can correct the information electronically. If you submit the tax return on paper, you must send in the corrected tax return. You will then receive a new tax calculation and you will be reimbursed for the overpaid tax.

You must send the appeal to the tax collector when you believe there is an error in the advance tax deduction.

If you are taxed on the same income in your home country, you must contact your home country's tax authorities for advice on how to avoid double taxation.

Download - pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.