Information for foreign employees: About tax, tax deduction cards and tax returns

  • Print

This brochure contains information intended for those who work in Norway for a Norwegian employer. It contains information that you will need when working in Norway.

If you are coming to Norway to work for a Norwegian employer, you must pay tax in Norway on all your earnings in Norway. After you have arrived in Norway, you must contact the tax office or Service Centre for foreign workers in order to obtain a tax deduction card.


Advance tax assessment

If you stay in Norway for up to 183 days, you can choose to settle your tax before leaving Norway. It is also a condition that you have not had several stays in Norway totalling more than 270 days during a period of 36 months.

You must complete the ‘Tax return for advance assessment of foreign employees’ (RF-1038). The tax return for income and wealth tax must be submitted to the tax office.

You will receive a tax settlement notice shortly afterwards.

Download - pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.