Advance tax assessment

If you stay in Norway for up to 183 days, you can choose to settle your tax before leaving Norway. It is also a condition that you have not had several stays in Norway totalling more than 270 days during a period of 36 months.

You must complete the ‘Tax return for advance assessment of foreign employees’ (RF-1038). The tax return for income and wealth tax must be submitted to the tax office.

You will receive a tax settlement notice shortly afterwards.