As an electronic user you can communicate with the Tax Administration and receive information, no matter where you are.
You will be notified by text message or e-mail when your tax return or tax assessment is ready, and other important information is sent from the Tax Administration.
Follow these steps to become an online user:
- You need a Norwegian identity number.
- You need to get an electronic ID. You can choose between MinID or BankID. To get MinID you need to order PIN-codes (see information below). Contact your bank to get BankID.
- a) If you use MinID: Once you have received the PIN-codes, you must create a MinID user account. You do this by registering with your PIN-codes here b) If you have a BankID: You can log on here with BankID.
- You are now an online user, and we will let you know both via your mobile phone and/or e-mail when you receive any information from us.
This is how to get the PIN-codes
You can order the PIN-codes here. Before ordering PIN-codes, make sure that:
- Your correct address is registered at the Population Registry (Norwegian Tax Administration) if you have a permanent Norwegian personal number.
- Your correct postal address is registered at the Population Registry if you have a D-number.
- Your letter box is marked with your full name.
The PIN-code letter will be sent to the address registered as your place of residence in the Population Registry. It will take a couple of days before you receive the letter with PIN-codes after you have placed your order.
For persons who have a D-number and are not registered with a Norwegian postal address, the letter with PIN-codes will be sent to your registered address outside Norway.