Common questions about the tax deduction card

  • Print


What do I do when I have several employers?

If you have a table-based card and several employers, pension companies or similar, you should make them aware of whether they are your main employer (where you earn the most) or whether they are a secondary employer. In this context, the Labour and Welfare Service (NAV) is taken to be an employer.

The main employer deducts tax in accordance with the table (formerly Part 1 of the tax deduction card), while other employers deduct tax on a percentage basis (formerly Part 2).

If you receive several types of benefit payments from NAV, you must inform NAV to deduct according to tables (previously part 1) for the main benefit payment, and by percentage (previously part 2) on the other payments. If table deductions are used for all payments from NAV, your tax deductions will be wrong and there is a significant risk it will result in tax arrears for you to pay.

You can also apply for a percentage card in order to avoid tax deduction errors. In principle, anyone who has several employers over time is issued with a percentage card, but the Tax Administration's calculations are based on the last tax settlement, or last changes of the tax deduction card, meaning that changes made after that are not captured.

Are you receiving money from the Labour and Welfare Service (NAV) and have employment income as well? In that case, you must pay particular attention. NAV receives the tax deduction card details electronically and is not always informed whether you have another main employer. Make sure that your main employer and NAV are not both deducting tax in accordance with the table.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.