How do I amend my tax deduction card?

  1. Go to "Amend tax deduction card"
  2. Unsure of whether you need to amend the tax deduction card? Read more about when you should consider amending the tax deduction card.
  3. Log in.
  4. Enter the details of pay, pension and tax paid so far this year. These details are on the last payslip you received from your employer, or on the last statement from your pension company.
  5. Some pension companies do not state this as a combined amount. In that case, you yourself must add the tax that has been deducted from each disbursement.
  6. If you have not had any pay, pension or income from shares of catch from fishing nor paid any tax so far this year, you can enter a "0" in the item. These items are not displayed before 1 January in each year.
  7. Enter the expected income for the whole year. Some of the details are pre-completed based on your last tax settlement notice or your last tax deduction card amendment. If these amounts do not match your details, you can enter a new amount.
  8. Enter expected allowances, in other words amounts you can deduct. As a main rule, you have a right to an allowance for all interest on debt. If several parties are responsible for the debt, you are only entitled to an allowance for interest on your own share of the debt. Examples of allowances include travel expenses and interest on debt.
  9. Enter what you expect to have in assets and debts at the end of the year.
  10. You may add items by using the search field at the top of your screen, or by clicking "Add.." under the different categories. To remove an item you can enter "0" or click the trash can symbol over the item.
  11. At the bottom of the page you can see how your changes affect your new tax deduction card.
  12. Click "Send in" at the bottom of the page.

Your employer will obtain your new tax deduction card electronically. You will receive information about your tax deduction card (your tax notice) in Altinn. You do not need to submit anything to your employer.

Before you change your tax deduction card, you should have the following documentation to hand:

  • Pay. You get your payslip from your employer either on paper or electronically.
  • Pension. If you are a pensioner, you need documentation from the Labour and Welfare Service (NAV) or from whoever pays your pension.
  • Debts/assets. Documents from the bank showing your debts, interest on debts and any assets.