• Print
  • 1 Work or go to school in Norway

Work or go to school in Norway

If you travel from another country to work or study in Norway, you can use a foreign-registered vehicle in Norway if you:

  • travel every day, or
  • stay abroad for more than 185 days in the year

If you are able to document these circumstances, you do not need to apply for a driving permit.

If you live with your spouse or children under 18 in Norway, you will be considered to be permanently resident in Norway. In these cases, you cannot use a foreign-registered vehicle. Read more about what you must do as a permanent resident in Norway.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.