• Print
  • I live in Norway

I live in Norway

If you live in Norway, you must apply for a driving permit in order to use a foreign-registered vehicle.


This also applies to students, pensioners and others who stay most of the year abroad. The exception is if you have family abroad .

You do not need a driving permit if:

• you drive with a person who is entitled to drive the vehicle in Norway

• you work for a company whose business involves foreign-registered vehicles (commercial transport)


If you're planning on moving to Norway or using the car as a demonstration vehicle, you have to apply for use of foreign-registered vehicle in Norway.

If you have been issued with a permit to use a foreign-registered vehicle in Norway, you must keep the permit in the vehicle.


What type of vehicle are you intending to use?

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.