• Print
  • 1 I am moving to Norway permanently

I am moving to Norway permanently

Using a vehicle in connection with your move

If you are moving to Norway permanently, you can apply for a temporary driving permit for a foreign-registered vehicle in connection with your move. The driving permit may be issued for up to 14 days. You must provide proof of moving by producing a relocation certificate, employment contract or other relevant documentation. You must apply for a permit before the vehicle is imported into Norway. You must log in to Altinn in order to submit your application. You should allow at least 14 days for your application to be processed.

Importing a vehicle into Norway

If you intend bringing a foreign-registered vehicle with you when you move to Norway, you must import the vehicle and pay customs and excise duties. This applies regardless of citizenship and where you are moving from.



The rules that apply to duty-free imports and temporary use are laid down in the Regulation relating to duty-free and tax-free import and temporary use of foreign-registered motor vehicles in Norway.

See also the Directorate of Taxes’ remarks concerning the Regulation in the the annual circular for motor vehicle registration tax for additional information.

You can also contact us.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.