How to import a vehicle

  • Print

Registering with the Public Roads Administration

The vehicle can now be registered at a Public Roads Administration traffic station.

You can book an appointment to register a vehicle at most Public Roads Administration traffic stations.

You must take a number of documents with you when registering, including the attested registration document (form NA-0221). See an overview of all the documents you must bring with you to the Public Roads Administration

Once the Public Roads Administration has registered the vehicle, you will receive a temporary vehicle registration document. The original vehicle registration document (two parts) will be sent in the post. You cannot drive abroad with the temporary vehicle registration document.

When you register the vehicle at a traffic station, you must hand in any foreign number plates (registration plates). If you have already handed in the number plates, you must document that you have done so before you can receive Norwegian number plates.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Maks 255 tegn. Kun tall og bokstaver.