Confirmation of residence under a tax treaty (Certificate of Residence) is confirmation that you are taxed in Norway as a resident of the country.
If you need confirmation that you are resident in Norway under a tax treaty with another country, you must either send a request to:
- e-mail to [email protected] or
- by post to:
The Norwegian Tax Administration
P.O.Box 9200 - Grønland
The request must state:
- Name and date of birth
- Organisation number (for enterprises)
- The country in which the confirmation is to be used
- The income year/income period which the confirmation is to cover
- Whether apostille is needed, this must be stated
- Contact information - e-mail address and/or telephone
If you need confirmation that you are resident in Norway for tax purposes under Norwegian internal law, you must contact us here.
Important information when you order a certificate of residence
The certificate will be sent by post to the address you are registered with in the National Population Register.
- You cannot receive certificates via e-mail.
- You cannot collect certificates at the tax office.
The order for a certificate of residence takes 5 to 6 weeks to process. In addition, your must allow for postal delivery time.
If you want to use the certificate abroad, you must send it to the County Governor, who can apply an apostille to documents. Please specify in which country you want to use the certificate. Read more about apostille and legalisation.