Confirmation of residence under a tax treaty
Confirmation of residence under a tax treaty (Certificate of Residence) is confirmation that you are taxed in Norway as a resident of the country.
If you need confirmation that you are resident in Norway under a tax treaty with another country, you must either send a request to:
- e-mail to [email protected] or
- by post to:
The Norwegian Tax Administration
P.O.Box 9200 - Grønland
The request must state:
- Name and date of birth
- Organisation number (for enterprises)
- The country in which the confirmation is to be used
- The income year/income period which the confirmation is to cover
- Contact information - e-mail address and/or telephone
- For what purpose the confirmation is to be used
If you need the document to be legalised, please contact the County Governor who has the authority to issue apostille stamps.
If you need confirmation that you are resident in Norway for tax purposes under Norwegian internal law, you must contact us here.