Citizens from the Nordic countries must bring the following with them when they report a move

If you are a Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish or Icelandic citizen and are required to report your relocation to Norway, you must report to one of the 42 selected tax offices for an ID check.

Please bring the following documentation with you:

  • Passport or national ID card containing a photograph of you and indicating your citizenship and gender. If you are moving to Norway from another Nordic country, a valid driving licence will also be accepted together with an extract from the National Population Register of the country you are moving from that indicates your citizenship and gender. The extract must be dated and must not be more than three months old. It must also be signed and stamped.
  • Valid property purchase contract or property rental contract valid for at least 6 months.If your rental contract is older than 3 months, you must have a confirmation from the homeowner showing that the contract is still valid.
  • If you will be working in Norway, you need to bring your employment contract, which is valid for 6 months or more. If the date on your contract is more than 3 months ago, you need to bring confirmation from your employer that the contract is still valid.
  • If you are working on assignment with a temporary staffing agency, you need to bring confirmation of an assignment lasting at least 6 months.
  • If you run your own business, you need to bring documents which confirm this.
  • Confirmation of study place offer, if you are going to study.
  • Any other documentation which shows you will be resident in Norway for 6 months or more.

If you are moving from a Nordic country together with a child under the age of 18, it is also a requirement that:

  • the person(s) who has parental responsibility and who the child lived with at the address you are moving from must sign the notification.
  • if the child is moving together with a parent who has sole custody of the child, this responsibility must be documented, for example through an extract from the country's National Population Register.
  • if the child is moving from a joint home and there is shared parental responsibility, a signature and a copy of identification will be required from the parent who is not moving.
  • the child has a valid identification document, unless the child is included under the parent's passport.

Children under the age of 18 who move alone

If a child under the age of 18 years moving alone to Norway to live with mother, father or another family member, must be submitted documentation showing that the child intends to stay in Norway for 6 months or more.
This may include confirmation from kindergarten, school or health clinic.

Change of address form