Form RF-1242

Income statement for visual artists

The form must be submitted electronically as an attachment to the tax return by visual artists who are not subject to an accounting obligation pursuant to the Accounting Act.

Postponed deadline

The deadline for submitting the tax return for self-employed persorns and businesses is postponed from 31 May to 31 August. It's not possible to apply for further postponement. However, we encourage you to report mandatory information as early as possible.

If your spouse has been granted an extension to the deadline, you will automatically be given the same extended deadline. The same applies to partners in businesses assessed as a partnership.

Forms in Norwegian only.

Self-employed persons and limited liability companies (AS) must log in and submit the tax return and all forms electronically.

Self-employed persons and businesses can use the paper form as a preparation and a guide to complete the form.


If you're subject to an accounting obligation pursuant to the Accounting Act, you must submit RF-1167 Income Statement 2 instead. This applies if the business is a private limited company, a shared liability partnership, a limited partnership etc.

Self-employed persons (sole proprietorships) have an accounting obligation if the business has had assets worth over NOK 20 million or an average number of employees exceeding 20 full-time equivalents during the year. 

Sole proprietorships that prepare annual financial statements in accordance with the provision of limited accounting obligation in the Accounting Act section 3-2b can opt to submit Income Statement 5 rather than Income Statement 2 (RF-1167).

All forms and guidelines in norwegian only.

Guidance to completing the form

Paper forms

Paper forms and guidance for previous years


You can use the older forms as a guide if you need to change something in previously submitted tax returns.

You can still change and re-submit your tax return for wage earners and pensioners and the tax return for sole proprietorships with forms attached for  2017 and 2018 if you discover errors, or if you've received new or delayed information.