Coronavirus - important information from the Tax Administration

Contact us

Popular topics:

We’ll let you know when your tax assessment is ready. In the same way that the tax return was sent on different dates, not everyone will get their tax assessment at the same time. You need to wait until you get your notice.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a specific date for when you’ll receive your notice, even if you call us, contact us on facebook or use our chat.

Log in to My tax to find payment information for your underpaid tax.

In your Altinn inbox, you'll also find an invoice if you received a notification of underpaid tax.

The deadline for submitting the tax return was April 30, but if you discover errors or receive new or delayed information, you can still change and submit.

If you have a table-based tax deduction card: Your table-based tax deduction card will reduce your tax deduction automatically if your employment income is changed. You do not have to change your tax deduction card if only your employment income has changed. Remember to check that the other information on the tax deduction card is correct, for example debt interest and other deductions.

If you have a percentage-based tax deduction card: You must change your tax deduction card yourself if your employment income changes.

If the interest rate is reduced you should change your tax deduction card. If you do not pay debt interest, you must remove it from your tax deduction card.

You will find information and help on how to report a move if you are moving in Norway, to Norway, from Norway or you want to change your mailing address.

Measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus:

More tax offices opened to the public on 2 june. Remember to book an appointment. For the time being, you can only book an appointment for ID controls to apply for a tax deduction card, report a move to Norway or paternity declarations.

All our advisers are working from home and they will do their best to help you.
Many people are calling us, so you may experience a bit of wait time.

You can find a lot of information at or you can send us your questions via chat or Facebook.


Chat with us

Telephone us on 800 80 000

Callers from abroad, please call +47 22 07 70 00.

For English menu, press 9.

Opening hours are 09:00 to 14:30 on weekdays.

When you call us on 800 80 000 (or +47 22 07 70 00 from abroad), you will hear 3 menu options. You do not need to wait until all the voice messages have finished before you press a key for an option. 

  • Press 1 if you are a person  
  • Press 2 if you are a business
  • Press 3 if you are an auditor, accountant, lawyer or statement submitters

Calls placed to 800 80 000 from a landline inside Norway are free of charge. From a mobile and for international calls, your own subscription rates apply. You can also call +47 22 07 70 00 at local rates from your mobile in Norway.

Ask us at Facebook

Write to us

You can’t email us. If you want to write us, you must log in and send a message via Altinn:

Important information

Tax office

More tax offices opened to the public on 2 June. Remember to book an appointment. For the time being, you can only book an appointment for ID controls to apply for a tax deduction card, report a move to Norway or paternity declarations. Other tax offices are still closed for the time being. SUA-offices are open.


Help for foreign wage-earners and their employers

At the Service Centre for Foreign Workers (SUA), foreign wage-earners and their employees can get advice and help with applications. The Service Centre has offices in Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim and Kirkenes. You have to book an appointment in advance.

Tax collection office

If you have questions about payment, invoices or property tax, you need to contact the tax collector in your municipality. You will find the address, telephone number and payment account details for municpal tax collectors here.

Appeal to Skatteetaten

There are different procedures depending on what you are appealing. In most cases you can change the tax return yourself, instead of submitting an appeal.

Work in the Norwegian Tax Administration?

Do you want to work in a significant government agency with the opportunity to be part of a strong, substantial and educational professional enviromment, working with tasks that are relevant for society?  Welcome to the Norwegian Tax Administration!