Right now, many are interested in the following
You only have to go to the tax office if you
- are going to an ID control when immigrating,
- have a D number and want to apply for a tax deduction card,
- want to notify us that you've moved to Norway, or
- want to confirm paternity.
For all other inquiries, you'll get help faster if you contact us via chat, phone or Facebook. If you still want to go to a tax office, you have to book an appointment in advance. Please note that not all tax offices offer ID controls.
Help for foreign wage-earners and their employers
At the Service Centre for Foreign Workers (SUA), foreign wage-earners and their employees can get advice and help with applications. The Service Centre has offices in Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim and Kirkenes. You have to book an appointment in advance.
Tax collection office
If you have questions about payment, invoices or property tax, you need to contact the tax collector in your municipality. You will find the address, telephone number and payment account details for municpal tax collectors here.
- NAV - Innkreving
- Registerinfo (Serviceenhet for byggenæringen)
- Sekretariatet for Skatteklagenemnda
- Sentralskattekontoret for storbedrifter
- Sentralskattekontoret for utenlandssaker (Stavanger)
- Skattedirektoratet Grimstad
- Skatteetatens IT- og servicepartner avd Lillehammer
- International Tax Collection Office
- Statens innkrevingssentral
Appeal to Skatteetaten
There are different procedures depending on what you are appealing. In most cases you can change the tax return yourself, instead of submitting an appeal.
Work in the Norwegian Tax Administration?
Do you want to work in a significant government agency with the opportunity to be part of a strong, substantial and educational professional enviromment, working with tasks that are relevant for society? Welcome to the Norwegian Tax Administration!