Calculate your tax
The tax calculator helps you to calculate your taxes. You can calculate your taxes for 2023 and previous years to see a preliminary tax assessment.
You do not have to log in, but you have to choose the income year that you'd like to calculate your tax for. Fill in your estimated income, wealth and deductions and you'll receive an estimate of the tax you have to pay.
The tax calculator does not take into account:
- whether you receive a salary, a pension, other income or if you have wealth that is tax liable both in Norway and abroad
- that you’re not granted a tax deduction for BSU if you own a primary dwelling, secondary dwelling or a farm. This only applies to the 2021 income year. It has been taken into account for later income years.
- that there's a new rate for dividend paid on upward adjustment of gain/loss or dividend on shares from 6 October 2022. (Only applies to the income year 2022).
- Tax calculated according to the rules for PAYE (Pay As You Earn) from pay earned by foreign employees is not shown in the tax calculator.
- lower tax rate for wealth tax when you're a resident of Bø in Vesterålen
This calculation is only an estimate.
Here, you can find out what information your employer has sent us.
Watch a video on provisional tax calculation (in Norwegian only). The video shows why we could not provide a provisional tax calculation in your tax return, and what you can do to calculate the provisional tax yourself.
A small number of taxpayers will still submit the old version of the tax return in Altinn.
Watch a video on how you can find the provisional tax calculation when you submit in Altinn (in Norwegian only).