Reporting a move to, from or within Svalbard

If you plan to live on Svalbard for more than six months, you must report this to the population register on Svalbard. You must also send a change of address notification when you move within Svalbard, and when you move from Svalbard.

Download, fill in and submit:

Report a move to, from or within Svalbard

Download, print out, fill in and bring with you to the Svalbard tax office

You can send the form for reporting a move as:

  • an attachment to the contact form
  • by post to:
    Svalbard skattekontor
    Postboks 413
    9171 Longyearbyen

If you report a move to Svalbard by post, you must also enclose a copy of identification.

If you'll be staying in Svalbard for less than six months, e.g. to work or study, you should not report a change of address.

If you move from abroad and do not have a Norwegian national identity number or temporary identification number (D number), you must book an appointment at the tax office to receive a D number.

If you have questions regarding moving, contact the Svalbard tax office.

Are you liable to pay tax to Svalbard?

Contact us or read more about Svalbard.