Coronavirus - important information about services offered by the Tax Administration
The Tax Administration’s services will be affected by the coronavirus situation.
You must book an appointment
Before coming to the tax office, you must book an appointment.
You must wear a mask
You must bring your own mask, and you will not be admitted without one.
Only those who are required to physically go to a tax office may book an appointment.
These services include:
- Applying for a tax deduction card for the first time – foreign citizens only
- Reporting a move to Norway – Norwegian and foreign citizens
- Confirming paternity
- Taking a DNA test
- ID checks – for those who have received a Norwegian identity number without going to a tax office or a SUA office
No offices are open for drop-in visits.
The coronavirus situation affects which offices are open to the public.
The list of open offices are updated continuously:
- Bergen (Service Centre for Foreign Workers)
- Grålum (Sarpsborg)
- Haugaland (Haugesund)
- Kirkenes (Sør-Varanger)
- Kirkenes (Service Centre for Foreign Workers)
- Leira i Valdres
- Oslo (Service Centre for Foreign Workers)
- Rana (Mo i Rana)
- Stavanger (Service Centre for Foreign Workers)
- Trondheim (Service Centre for Foreign Workers)
If you’re a foreign worker, you can book an appointment at a SUA office (Service Centre for Foreign Workers) in Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim or Kirkenes.
You can contact us via other channels
If you want to talk to us, you can also find us on Facebook, you can call us or chat with us.
This is what you have to do as an employer:
- Log in and complete RF 1355 – Apply for a tax deduction card for a foreign employee.
- You must provide the correct address, e-mail and phone number for the worker.
If you intend to live in Norway for at least six months, or to stay here for at least six consecutive months, you must notify us that you’re moving to Norway. Usually, this requires that you physically go to a tax office within 8 days from the date you moved.
We have limited opportunity to issue certificates requiring stamps and signatures. This applies to birth certificates, residence certificates, printouts from the National Population Register, certificates regarding parental responsibility and marriage certificates.
Please only order the certificate if it is strictly necessary. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an estimated delivery time.