Employment information is missing
- Updated: 15 December 2020
Why am I receiving this error message
Employment information is missing. Information about end date and the reason for the end date are connected. Either state both, or neither.
You might have received the error message because you have:
- forgotten to specify the reason for the end date
- forgotten to state the end date for the employment relationship
- specified the wrong information about end date or the reason for the end date, and that neither should be reported
Do I have to correct the error
Yes, the a-melding contains errors and/or omissions which you must correct.
You must correct the error by the deadline for submitting the a-melding for the calendar month in which you received the error message.
How to correct the error
- Check which employment relationship you’ve provided the wrong information for, and specify either the end date or the reason for the end date. If you should not have provided any of this information, delete it from the employment relationship.
- When you’ve corrected the mistake, you must submit the a-melding. If you’re using a payroll system, check with your system supplier if you’re not sure how to make corrections in your system.
A doctor’s office submits an a-melding for June with information about Ola, who’s leaving his job. They state an end date for the employment relationship.
They get the error message MAGNET_EDAG-297 because they’ve forgotten to specify the reason for the end date. From 2021, you must always specify the reason for the end date when you set an end date for an employment relationship.
|The doctor’s office adds the reason for the end date for Ola:|
|Reason for end date||The employee has resigned from his/her position|
They also enter other obligatory information.