Information in the a-melding does not correspond with the information in the Register of Legal Entities
- Updated: 1/22/2018
F196 / MAGNET_EDAG-196
Why am I receiving this error message?
You have entered an organisation number for enterprise (sub-entity) which is not active in the Register of Legal Enterprises in the month for which you are attempting to submit the a-melding.
This may be because:
- you entered an incorrect enterprise number
- the enterprise has erroneously been reported as closed in the Register of Legal Entities
- you specified an incorrect period for the a-melding
Do I have to correct the error?
The a-melding has been submitted with information which may be incorrect.
If there is an error, you must correct it in the calendar month in which you received the error message and submit a new a-melding by the deadline for this month or another month (if the month was wrong).
How to correct the error
- Check whether the organisation number for the enterprise (the sub-entity) and the calendar month you specified are correct. You will find organisation numbers at www.brreg.no.
- You do not have to do anything if you have recently registered or altered an enterprise number in the Register of Legal Entities.
- If the enterprise number is incorrect, change it to the correct number.
- If the calendar month is incorrect, change it to the correct month.
- If the Register of Legal Entities contains errors, contact www.brreg.no.
- Submit the a-melding when the error has been corrected. If you use a payroll system, check with your system supplier if you are not sure how to make corrections in your system.
Example 1 – The enterprise is closed/wound up – reporting of employment
A retail chain had an enterprise which closed/wound up trading (not transferred) with effect from 31 March. In the a-melding for April, the chain reports employees (employment) under the closed enterprise, either with an open end date or with an end date after the enterprise has closed. The store receives error message MAGNET_EDAG-196.
Either the enterprise number or the month is wrong. Employment must not be reported with an enterprise which is closed/wound up. If the month is correct, the enterprise must be deleted and reported again. If the month is wrong, you must first delete what was reported under the wrong month, and then you must report for the correct month.
Example 2 – The enterprise is closed/wound up – reporting of income
A retail chain had an enterprise which closed/wound up trading (not transferred) with effect from 31 March. In the a-melding for June, the retail chain specifies the payment of holiday pay to a former employee of the closed enterprise. The chain receives error message MAGNET_EDAG-196.
The chain does not need to do anything.
Example 3 – The enterprise has been erroneously closed/wound up
A retail chain had an enterprise which was erroneously declared as being closed/wound up with effect from 31 March. In the a-melding for April, the chain reports employment and income for employees of this enterprise. The chain receives error message MAGNET_EDAG-196.
The chain must contact the Register of Legal Entities in order to have the enterprise re-established. The consequence of the rule will be eliminated with effect from the first report after the enterprise is re-established.