Information in the a-melding does not correspond with the information in the Register of Legal Entities
- Updated: 22 January 2018
F142B / MAGNET_EDAG-142B
Why am I receiving this error message?
You have used an organisation number for the enterprise (enterprise number) which is not linked to a legal organisation number in the Register of Legal Entities for the period that the a-melding concerns.
This may be because you have:
you’ve stated an organisation number belonging to an enterprise that you’ve owned previously, instead of the organisation number of the enterprise you currently own.
you’ve reported a period in which you did not own the enterprise reported.
Do I have to correct the error?
The a-melding has been submitted with information which may be incorrect.
If there is an error, you must correct it by the deadline for submitting the a-melding for the calendar month in which you received the error message.
How to correct the error
- Check the number you stated for the sub-entity/enterprise.
- If you’ve used the correct legal organisation number for enterprise (sub-entity), and you’ve submitted information for the correct calendar month, you do not have to take further action. Income must be reported in the month payment is made, even if your ownership of the enterprise has ceased. You do not have to report information on employment that concerns a month when you did not own/do not own the enterprise. If an employment has ceased and you're to submit information on income, you do not include information on the employment.
- If you:
- If you’ve submitted information on employment concerning a month after your ownership of the enterprise has ceased, you must make sure that the end date of the employment is no later than the date of liquidation or transfer of ownership of the enterprise.
- If you meant to report information on an enterprise that you currently own, not an enterprise that you previously owned, you must change the organisation number for enterprise (business number) before you re-submit the form (replacement).
- If you’ve submitted an a-melding for the wrong calendar month, you must replace the a-melding that you’ve submitted with an empty a-melding. You must then submit a new one with the correct calendar month.
- If you’ve discovered an error in the Central Coordinating Register of Legal Entitles (Enhetsregisteret), you must correct the information. You can do this via brreg.no.
4. When the error is corrected, submit the a-melding. If you use a payroll system, check with your system supplier if you’re not sure how to make corrections in your system.
Enterprise A is linked to Declarant 1 (legal organisation number 1) up to and including June. From July, Enterprise A became linked to Declarant 2 (legal organisation number 2).
In the a-melding for August, Declarant 1 specifies that Ola has employment with Enterprise A. It receives error message MAGNET_EDAG-142B because the organisation numbers (legal organisation number and organisation number for the enterprise) are not linked in August.
It is correct that Ola works for Enterprise A in August, but Declarant 2 must specify this, as it owns the enterprise in August.
To correct the error:
- Declarant 1 must delete Enterprise A and Ola from its a-melding for August. It does this by submitting a replacement a-melding.
- Declarant 2 must include Enterprise A and Ola in its a-melding for August.
Enterprise A is linked to Declarant 1 (legal organisation number 1) until the end of June. From the month of July, Enterprise A was linked to Declarant 2 (legal organisation number 2).
In the a-melding for August, Declarant 1 reports that Ola has received holiday pay from Enterprise A. The declarant has not included information on Ola’s employment. The declarant receives error message MAGNET_EDAG-142B because the organisation numbers (legal organisation number 1 and organisation number for enterprise (business number) for Enterprise A) are not linked in August.
Here, Declarant 1 has reported an income after the ownership of Enterprise A has ceased. The declarant has used the cash principle - and has reported correctly. The declarant can ignore the error message MAGNET_EDAG-142B.
Enterprise A is linked to Declarant 1 (legal organisation number 1), but with cessation date 30 June. As of 16 July, Declarant 1 establishes a new Enterprise B.
In the a-melding for August, Declarant 1 states that Ola has an employment relationship in Enterprise A. The declarant receives error message MAGNET_EDAG-142B because the enterprise ceased to exist on 30 June.
The correct information is that Ola works in Enterprise B in August. Declarant 1 must report this.
To correct the error:
- Declarant 1 must remove Enterprise A and Ola in their a-melding for August and add Enterprise B and Ola. They do this by submitting a replacement a-melding for August, where Enterprise B substitutes Enterprise A.
Legal organisation number is the legal entity's organisation number. Legal entity is also referred to as the declarant, main entity and business in the a-melding guide.
Enterprise number is the organisation number for the sub-entity that the legal entity runs. Sub-entity is also referred to as enterprise in the a-melding guide.