Form Q-0151

Statement by the sponsor

The statement by the sponsor must be completed by two sponsors ("forlovere")/witnesses, one from each side of the marrying parties. The person completing the declaration must be a person who knows you.

Download, complete and submit:

Get statement by the sponsor

The sponsor's citizenship isn't relevant, but he/she must be 18 years or older.

The sponsor isn't required to be present during the marriage ceremony.

The form must be signed and submitted along with the application of the bride and groom. We cannot process statements by the sponsor that are sent separately, because they're not valid without the bride and groom's personal declaration. The application for a certificate of no impediment to marriage must always be submitted with all required attachments.

If you want to submit the statement by the sponsor on paper, here’s what you do:

  1. Download and complete the form Statement by the sponsor "forlover".
  2. Send or deliver the signed and completed form with the necessary attachments to your tax office.

You can find the paper form here.