Moving from Norway?

You must notify The Norwegian Tax Administration if you intend to leave Norway to go to a country outside the Nordic countries. If you are moving to another Nordic country, the move only needs to be reported in the country you are moving to.

Print, complete and send to us:

Report moving from Norway

The form can either be sent electronically as an attachment or by post to:

Postboks 9200 Grønland
NO – 0134 OSLO


Important information

You do not report a move from Norway if

  • you have already registered a move to another country
  • you have a D number (as a foreign citizen)

If you have a new address abroad, you must report a change of postal address instead.  

Moving from Norway to another Nordic country

The move only needs to be reported in the country you are moving to: Sweden, Iceland, Finland, or Denmark - including Faroe Islands and Greenland.

You will be automatically registered as having emigrated from Norway if the notification is accepted in the country of relocation.

Moving from Norway to a non-Nordic country

  • You must tell us that you are moving in cases where you intend to stay abroad for at least six months. The Norwegian Tax Administration will decide whether you must be registered in the National Registry as having emigrated.
  • Download and complete the form Notification of a move abroad and send it to The Norwegian Tax Administration no more than 14 days before your departure. Submit a copy of valid identification. Valid identification is an ID card showing your date of birth, name, signature and a photograph. However, you should not send us a copy of your bank card, because it contains sensitive information.
  • You will receive a letter when your change of address notification has been processed. The letter will be sent to your new address abroad.

If you later change your address abroad, you must report to The Norwegian Tax Administration yourself. This can be notified electronically, or you can send the form RF 1454 - Notification of new or changed mailing address.

The Norwegian Tax Administration communicates electronically with the public. There are many advantages to becoming an online user.

Register as an online user