An electronic travel log is a GPS-based travel log that is permanently installed in the vehicle.
- The travel log records distance travelled, date and time.
- It should not be possible to edit or delete these data from the travel log
- It must record the addresses where the trips starts and ends. There must also be a field where you can register the purpose of the trip: private or business, and the object of the business trip.
- Any discrepancies in the travel log, such as breakdowns, must be registered in the travel log.
- The electronic travel log must be acquired and administered by the employer.
- This means that employers takes care of the acquisition and installation, and that they have access to and handles the data from the travel log in accordance with the duty of disclosure.