Item 3.1.10

3.1.10 Taxable gains on the sale of shares etc. and bonds

Applies to the income year 2018

Under this item, you must enter calculated gains from the sale of shares and/or the share component of mutual funds which have not been pre-completed under either item 3.1.8 or 3.1.9 of the tax return. 

If you have a mutual fund which is invested in both shares and bonds/certificates/treasury bills (combination funds) or a fund which is only invested in bonds/certificates/treasury bills, the interest component of the gain in the mutual fund must be entered under item 3.1.9.

Does this item concern me?

The item concerns everyone who has:

  • sold shares/primary capital certificates in Norwegian and foreign companies during the year with a gain,
  • made gains on share component in Norwegian and foreign securities funds,
  • made gains on bonds.

If the gains have already been completed in the tax return, you do not need to do anything.

How do I enter this in my tax return?


Sales of shares, securities funds, etc. which you have declared in form RF-1159 Shares and units in funds etc will be automatically transferred from item 902 in the form to your tax return.

Mutual funds

For the share component in mutual funds, you must state the gain in form RF-1159 Shares and units in funds etc. This will be automatically transferred to your tax return. You must enter the interest component of gains made in mutual funds which have not been pre-completed under item 3.3.9 of your tax return.


You do not have to submit form RF-1159 Shares and units in funds etc  for gains made on the sale of bonds. You must enter the gain directly under item 3.1.10.

From 31 March you can log in to see your tax return for 2019.

Open the tax return for 2018

Documentation requirements

You do not need to send us any documentation concerning this, but you must be able to present it upon request.